WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
MAXEX is looking for a Product Owner to help build the platform that supports our core business: an exchange for mortgages. Special consideration will be given to candidates with mortgage technology, mortgage quality control or related FinTech experience.
You will be responsible for converting strategies to stories, managing, and prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating sprints with engineering. You are comfortable working in a high growth environment, juggling multiple demands and effectively driving yourself and your team to consistently and regularly deliver value to users.
The quality of service that we offer our internal and external users is crucial, and you will play a key role in identifying and triaging problems and driving resolutions.
In this role, you will need to work effectively with both subject matter experts, users, UX/UI designers, software engineering and other members of the Product Management team. You will coordinate and project-manage SME/user interviews, taking and publishing copious and accurate notes, defining user personas, documenting tasks and workflows, and identifying pain points and opportunities to add value.
To achieve its business goals, MAXEX solutions must be scalable, easy to integrate with and provide a modern user experience. You will have strong capabilities in at least one of the following: building modern, highly scalable platforms; APIs and complex integrations; modern user experience design.
MAXEX provides an exchange for the sale and purchase of mortgages. Therefore, your familiarity with financial services, the Mortgage industry and/or aspects of collateral due diligence and audit, servicing, capital markets and funding and settlement will help you immediately hit the ground running.
You are organized, self-motivated and persistent. Your written communication skills are good, and you have experience writing requirements and user stories for an Agile backlog.
- Act as Product Owner in agile development process, submitting thorough user stories for development.
- Help develop and execute on a roadmap with internal and external customers, users and stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in project-related meetings with internal and external customers, as a leader and/or a resource .
- Understand customer needs, business goals, and the market (experience with Value Proposition Design or similar framework is a plus).
- Maintain industry knowledge and enhance subject matter expertise, identify trends and changes in client and competitor behaviors, and keep abreast of changing regulatory requirements.
- Deliver training internally to convey an understanding of the products and client usage.
- Assist in developing and maintaining client-facing collateral and internal documentation to support sales and commercialization processes, including the publication of internal and externally facing release notes.
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related technical field required
- Experience as a Product Owner or similar experience in defining and driving the definition and delivery of a significant feature or application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Problem solving aptitude
- Agile software development process experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player required
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be adaptable to change and comfortable working in high growth environments
- Experience in managing Serverless applications.
- AWS networking experience.
- Knowledge of Go (or other modern programming language).
- Experience with GitHub and GitHub Actions.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovation solutions. We celebrate success. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
BENEFITS & OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays