WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
MAXEX is looking for a UX / UI designer with experience working on enterprise-class B2B web applications, delivered via a SaaS model.
Reporting to a Principal Product Designer and working closely with Product Management, you will be helping a new engineering team develop the next generation of MAXEX’s platform. You will need to demonstrate strong design thinking, plus an ability to get things done in a high-pressure, startup environment.
You will be adept in the fundamentals of UX and UI design practices, including: user research (understanding user profiles, tasks performed, pain points and users’ mental models), functional and workflow design (task descriptions, information architecture and flows), and UI design (wireframing and prototyping). The UI you design should be consistent to overall styling guidelines, be clear and efficient, professional and modern.
You should have a portfolio of UI designs, with examples of enterprise-class B2B web applications.
Working together with Product Management and Engineering, you must be an effective team player. They must exude professionalism and tact, able to adjust how you communicate to audiences of varying technical knowledge.
MAXEX uses Agile development methodology, and you must work with the rest of the team effectively in sprints, write and contribute to stories for the backlog, and juggle multiple demands.
- Work closely with Product Management and internal and external users, defining user experience and UI, while also driving execution
- Conduct user research (understanding user profiles, tasks performed, pain points and users’ mental models), functional and workflow design (task descriptions, information architecture and flows), UI design (wireframing and prototyping) and the establishment of UX / UI standards and guidelines (page templates, style guides, etc.).
- Work with the Agile framework, writing and contributing to stories for the backlog
- Work effectively and quickly under pressure, juggling multiple demands
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree required
- Proven experience as a UX / UI Designer in the design of a major software product — ideally for an enterprise / B2B platform, delivered with a SaaS model
- Proficiency in graphic design or wireframing tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Adobe Xd, Axure, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Agile software development process experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player
- Fintech industry preferred (mortgage experience would be outstanding, particularly in the secondary market)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be adaptable to change and comfortable working in high growth environments
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovation solutions. We celebrate success. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Remote work environment