WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
MAXEX has an open position for a Director – Non-Agency Sales — East. This position will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and on-boarding new mortgage originators and other new business opportunities for MAXEX’s loan exchange and clearing house. As part of this role the Director – Non-Agency Sales — East will work closely with senior counterparts in Legal, Capital Markets, Marketing, Operations, Transaction Management, Sales, Risk Management, Information Technology, and Customer Onboarding to ensure that the company’s revenue related goals and objectives are met.
Identify and pursue business opportunities, with both existing and new customers, by:
- Conducting targeted market research.
- Evaluating customer feedback and needs.
- Keeping abreast of market developments by reviewing industry-related newsletters and other publications.
- Attending industry-related conferences and events.
- Working closely with senior counterparts in Capital Markets, Marketing, Operations, Transaction Management, and I/T on the development and implementation of new products and processes.
- Identify friction points and position MAXEX’s unique loan exchange value proposition within a broad buying committee.
- Drive revenue for account base by increasing wallet share with active originators through increased program adoption and/or buyer activation.
- Support the scalable growth of MAXEX’s revenue organization by working with Marketing, Sales Enablement, and other team members to identify opportunities for improvement of sales processes, funnel effectiveness, client service, marketing, and sales tools.
- Actively seek out and engage potential new Sellers for the MAXEX platform by leveraging existing relationships (both within and external to MAXEX), networking, cold calling, and opportunistically utilizing social media and industry-specific advertising outlets.
- Assist in the design and implementation of sales and onboarding strategies for sellers.
- Coordinate the negotiation and execution of an appropriate NDA for each potential new customer.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations about the MAXEX’s platform, programs, Buyer network and other MAXEX initiatives.
- Distribute guidelines, rate sheets, legal documents, lock policy, due diligence review standards, and other materials to sellers for program/platform adoption.
- Assist with gathering market color related to product and pricing where applicable.
- Effectively work in conjunction with Ops counterparts regarding seller pipeline, pull through and loan settlement
- Closely work with Capital Markets/Trade desk to identify potential Forward and Bulk opportunities.
- Schedule follow-up calls and/or meetings to conduct a system demo, answer questions, counter objections, and gather feedback to share and/or discuss further with other internal MAXEX teams, as appropriate.
- Coordinate MAXEX’s responses to any customer applications, document requests, or other counterparty approval processes.
- Coordinate the review, negotiation, and execution of the LoanExchange legal documents. Introduce the new customer to our Customer Onboarding team and help facilitate connectivity between the customer and MAXEX counterparts in Capital Markets, Operations, and Transaction Management, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 15+ years of relevant experience in sales / business development
- Emphasis with relationship management of delegated NQM/DSCR originators. Additional experience with delegated jumbo originators a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the mortgage banking business and capital markets
- In-depth knowledge of the transactional & legal issues attendant to the purchase & sale of mortgage loans in the secondary market
- Solid working knowledge of finance and accounting fundamentals
- Proven sales ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SalesForce or other CRM software
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovation solutions. We take risks. We celebrate success. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
- Normal fintech company environment