MAXEX has an open position for a Credit Analyst. We are looking for an individual that enjoys a fast paced, fun and collaborative work environment. The qualified candidate will be part of the Credit Valuation Department reporting directly to the Credit Manager. In this capacity, the Credit Analyst will perform detailed closed loan credit reviews, data capture and condition/exception reviews in the MAXEX loan review system. The Credit Analyst will keep abreast of guideline changes and provide feedback to management for the improvement of the audit system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to QM, ATR and Appendix Q requirements as they relate to the origination of compliant residential mortgages.
- Adhere to FNMA/FHLMC best underwriting practices for income calculation, asset, and appraisal requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Interaction with third party reviewers to calibrate results between the loan audit system and the results posted by the third-party reviewer.
- Data Capture, underwriting and analysis of jumbo loans.
- Clearing of loan exceptions with the third-party review firm and Sellers/Clients.
- Working within loan review/due diligence review systems.
- Perform an analytical and detailed review of closed loan mortgage documents.
- Perform an analysis of complex tax returns and financial statements for self-employed borrowers as well as corporations, Schedule C and partnership returns and income statements.
- Work within different investor guidelines and requirements.
- Work within different software systems and on-line portals.
- Work with Technology for the development and improvement of the review process and system.
- Assist the Credit Manager in answering questions posed to the Underwriting email inbox.
- Assist Client Advocates & Sales with new seller onboarding calls and pipeline review calls as requested.
- Interaction with Sellers via phone, email and/or Video conferencing
- Minimum 10 years of credit review/underwriting experience required.
- College Degree preferred, or prior work experience equivalent.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency.
- Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision (self-motivated).
- Special projects as necessary, which may include cross-training to assist business partners in Operations as volume ebbs and flows.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovative solutions. We take risks. We celebrate success. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
BENEFITS & OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relaxed office environment, ability to work remotely when applicable.
Interested candidates should email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.