WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
MAXEX, a mortgage exchange, is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineer to build the next generation of cloud-native services. You’ll be given the opportunity to have significant impact on the software, the business, and most importantly, the customers we serve. As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with talented engineers and an experienced product team to build new features and delight our customers.
You’ll work in all aspects of the agile software development cycle, including designing, architecting, developing, testing, deployments, and operations. You’ll be expected to work with your team to maintain existing high standards and improve existing best practices as experience allows. You’ll work with product owners, UX designers, and the senior engineering leadership to deliver high-quality, clean, scalable solutions to business problems. You will help set the bar for engineering excellence as well as continually raise it.
Technical leadership and mentorship are required in this role. You’ll be charged with keeping the quality bar high when it comes to code reviews, design meetings, testing practices, and operation excellence. You’ll be expected to continually keep up to date on engineering best practices and help the team apply them. You’ll also be expected to work with Junior and mid-level engineers as mentors to help them along their career.
- Scoping features required by the business with the project management team
- Design and architecture of feature/service
- Implementation of code for feature/service
- Working with QA to design testing suites & strategies
- Building CI/CD pipelines for automated, safe deployments
- Managing day-to-day production operations, including bugfixes and rollbacks. On-call required.
- Mentoring junior/mid-level engineers
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Hands-on experience delivering scalable, robust software solutions from conception to implementation.
- Knowledge and experience with professional software engineering practices.
- Experience with mentorship and technical leadership.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience implementing solutions using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Passion for simplicity and building reusable software solutions, components, and APIs
- Strong and creating problem solving ability.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Experience with multiple modern programming languages.
- Excellent communication with technical peers and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience in being part of the user feedback lifecycle.
- Experience with serverless technologies.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovative solutions. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We take pride in each other’s work and celebrate our successes.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relaxed office environment