WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
MAXEX, a mortgage exchange, is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineer to build the next generation of cloud-native services. You’ll be given the opportunity to have significant impact on the software, the business, and most importantly, the customers we serve. As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with talented engineers and an experienced product team to build new features and delight our customers.
You’ll work in all aspects of the agile software development cycle, including designing, architecting, developing, testing, deploy, and operations. You’ll be expected to own the entire end-to-end solution. This means writing your own unit tests, automating deployments, monitoring production, and responding to in-production incidents. You’ll work with product owners, UX designers, and senior engineering to work on tasks on your own. You’ll deliver high-quality, scalable solutions to problems. You’ll work both independently and in collaboration with team members during different stages of development.
- Scoping features required by the business with the project management team
- Design and architecture of feature/service
- Implementation of code for feature/service
- Working with QA to design testing suites & strategies
- Building CI/CD pipelines for automated, safe deployments
- Managing day-to-day production operations, including bugfixes and rollbacks. On-call required.
- Mentoring junior/mid-level engineers
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Hands-on experience delivering projects from design to completion.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Passion for simplicity and building reusable software solutions, components, and APIs
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Strong and creating problem solving ability.
- Knowing and keeping up to date with software engineering best practices.
- Experience with multiple modern programming languages.
- Excellent communication with technical peers and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience implementing solutions with cloud technologies (preferably AWS).
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER US?
- We are “one team” with singleness of purpose. We value the diversity and the uniqueness of every individual and their contributions.
- We are committed to the relentless pursuit of innovative solutions. When we don’t get it right, we learn from our mistakes and encourage one another to try again.
- We take pride in each other’s work and celebrate our successes.
- We embrace transparency and candor, encourage our employees to be enthusiastic and encouraging. To work hard and to have fun!
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relaxed office environment